Aug 26, 2008

¡Viva la [BEEEEEEEP]!

On Saturday, my wife and I went to a restaurant in our neighborhood called Old Mexico. It's got good food, great service and decent prices. It also has some interesting choices in music! We were sitting there enjoying our food and talking, when all of a sudden the music switched to a high-pitched BEEEEEEP and then switched back to music again.

It was kind of stormy, so we attributed it to some sort of signal interference. Until it happened again. My wife and I looked at each other and cracked up. The vocals in the song were pretty wild, and there were sections when the signer would just be yelling all kinds of stuff...all in Spanish, of course. And then we heard the beep for the third time. I looked around at the other customers, but no one seemed to notice.

Now that's got me thinking...how many other songs are cussing en Español and NOT getting beeped?!?!

No comments: