No, I'm not talking about Christian Ponder, FSU's starting quarterback. A little while ago, I published a blog about things to ponder. I received such an influx in mail from dedicated readers about these so-called "ponderisms" that I decided to do a follow-up post. (Are you buying it? You're not? What was the giveaway? Oh, I know - the 'dedicated readers' bit. Yeah, I thought that was a bit of a stretch!) Here are some more to add to the list...
- Why do we say "slept like a baby" when babies only sleep 1 1/2 hours at a time?
- Why do alarm clocks "go off" when they start making noise?
- Why are they called marbles when they're made out of glass?How do you know when it's time to tune your bagpipes?
- If practice makes perfect, and nobobody's perfect, then why practice?
- Why do we put our suits in a garment bag and our garments in a suitcase?
- When two airplanes almost collide why is it a "near miss"? Shouln't it be a "near hit"?
- How can something be both "new" and "improved"?