So you know women have a higher life expectancy rate than men, right? Some "experts" might try to tell you that men don't live as long due to one or more of the following reasons:
- Men generally have higher levels of testosterone, insulin, and other anabolics that cause oxidative stress.
- On average, men consume more tobacco, alcohol and drugs.
- Men tend to be more aggressive, and thus more likely to encounter violence.
- Men take more risks when they drive cars or motorcycles.
- Men only have one X-chromosome, which makes them more prone for X-linked hereditary diseases.